Sunday, February 24, 2013

Control Remoto de Alejandro Romualdo


Remote Control
by Alejandro Romualdo

In English:

Remote Control

Anonymous, social and belligerent,
my silent body rises.
Eat with me.  Smoke.  Whistle.  Sing.
Fall in love.  Suffer and live.

Always correct everything I write.
Always feel my pain.  And make it worse.
Quick, run away: I'll get there first.
Brutal, deny myself all pleasure.

From animal nature, breathe.
From animal nature, I look
at the poor: quiet, human.

Ah, my kind, angelic body.
Paid in metal and covered in nonmetal (?)
its right to live in chains.


En Español:

Control Remoto

Anónimo, social y combativo,
mi tácito antropoide se levanta.
Come conmigo.  Fuma.  Silba.  Canta.
Enamoro con él.  Padezco y vivo.

Siempre corrije todo lo que escribo.
Siempre intuye el dolor.  Y se agiganta.
Veloz, fuga de mí: se me adelanta.
Brutal, me empuja todo lo lascivo.

Desde su límite animal, suspira.
Desde su límite animal, me mira
el pobre: taciturno, humanizado.

¡Ah, mi civil, angélico antropoide,
paga en metal y cobra en metaloide
su derecho a vivir encarcelado!

No comments:

Post a Comment